Monday, March 5, 2007

Safe at last

After a weekend of waiting and worrying and trying to get on with other things I phoned the Post Office this morning and they told me that the parcel was "in transit" and "no, they couldn't tell me where it was or when it would be delivered". But it did arrive safe and sound in the office in Bath at Barefoot Books. Much to my relief. It is so difficult to work when things like this happen. I had visions of having to do all the work again, and part of me was thinking, " oh well, at least you can make a better job of it next time," and part of me was inwardly weeping.
Today, James is on a train heading for London with the remaining artwork for Ella Bella, prepared to do any "tweaking" that needs to be done to the artwork in the offices at Orchard Books. Delivery of artwork face to face is even more nerve wracking than entrusting it to the tender loving care of the royal Mail.
Here in St Davids the weather is heavy and gray and I am tying to get roughs together for other work, feeling unsettled as i head out tomorrow to do school workshops. And I have started reading a very good book, which is not good for my productivity, though it is a book I have to design a cover for so I can pretend it is work.

No comments: