After a weekend of disruption it is time to settle back to work, but other work is getting in the way of Starlight. Talking to James this morning to see how things are going with him, he is waiting to hear from Orchard about work delivered on Friday.
It is always difficult to settle to work after time away from the studio. There is so much to do, so much to think about, so many things that get in the way of just sitting down and working. So many excuses. I am waiting to hear from a publisher about a text. He is waiting to hear how the images sit with the text and whether all that he has done "works".
Meanwhile we talked about that progress of Starlight and realized that
- He hasn't yet had a formal offer from the publisher for the text
- Though I have had an offer I haven't yet signed the contract. Or seen the contract.
This week I have to do a spread for Singing to the Sun, and on Thursday it is World Book Day, and am in a school all day. Also an exhibition preview on Wednesday evening.
So, will wait for the contract to arrive.