Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dragons


Spent the morning yesterday chasing words for another picture book, then it took far longer than I had thought it would to draw out the spread for the dragon. Listening to Terry Pratchett for another job and colouring in, building up layers of paint to make a dragon fly across a page, while images from The Hogfather and Masquerade spin through another part of my brain.
Today the sun is shining and have walked the cats and dogs. My car has been in the garage for a few days. Maybe it was a mistake to tell the mechanic that I was in no hurry, that I didn’t really want it back as it would keep me working. Now I have no milk, or sugar, and things to post and it is a couple of miles to the shops. But it does keep me painting, and I can’t wander off down the beach.

No comments: