Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas, cold, hospitals.

Over Christmas I managed to get into the studio for an hour here or there if I got up at six in the morning, but dogs would demand to go out at first light, creatures of habit. Mum was taken ill while visiting my sister, so we drove to Somerset to visit her in hospital. Back home Robin took care of dogs and cats but the fire and its care eluded him so when I came home it was cold, cold, cold in the studio. Painted anyway, with cold hands, and the children walked into the cave to search for dragons.




Outside the ground was hard with frost. Inside I worry about getting the work done on time and about my mum, but hear from my sister and then my mum that she is much better, out of hospital and can manage quite well on her own thank you very much!







4 comments:

Kim said...

That's a great picture of you, all wrapped up against the cold :) The paintings look lovely too. Are they going well?

Kim x

Sharon said...

Glad your Mom is okay. The art is beautiful!

Jess said...

You look so snug all wrapped up like that but I'm sure the reality is very different! Lovely sketches :)x

quiltcat said...

Glad to know your mum is feeling much better now...what a worry! Speaking of worried, the dragon looks rather small and quite worried as she crouches down in her cave.